GitLab app distribution for Android builds
GitLab CI/CD can be used to deploy Android apps with the API Upload (curl) to Updraft.
- Go to your Profile within the sidebar
- Copy your API Key as well as the App Key of your App
- Your API Key you find in your Profile.
- The App Key you will find on the application overview. The App key differs for each environment.
As soon you have your Updraft account created, you are ready to configure the CI/ CD pipeline with GitLab.
- 1.Open your Gitlab Project
- 2.Go to the Settings
- 3.Select CI/CD
- 4.Go to the section Variables
- 5.Add your Variables from Updraft (API key and App Key) in two separate fiels
- 1.Head over to the root directory (files) of your Android app project in GitLab.
- 2.Add a new file your .gitlab-cy.yml file
- 3.Copy the below example of .gitlab-ci.yml file
- ./gradlew app:assembleProdRelease
-F whats_new="Gitlab build" \
-F "[email protected]/build/outputs/apk/prod/release/android.apk" \
-X PUT https://getupdraft.com/api/app_upload/$UPDRAFT_APP_KEY/$UPDRAFT_API_KEY/