Comment on page
Set if an app is private or public.
An app can be set as Private. Once an app is set as private, it can only be installed by authorized users and users who have access to the project. All the configuration can be done on the App Settings/ App Overview page. The configuration can be set by an Owner of an Organization or a project admin.
- 1.Public: Per default an app is public. No authentication or login is needed to install the app if a user has access to the public installation link or the QR-Code of the app.
- 2.Private: Authentication or login is needed to install the application with the public installation link or the QR-Code.
1) If an app is set as private and an unathorised user which has no access to the app project (project permissions) opens the app installation link or scans the QR-Code an error message will appear.
2) If an app is set as private and an authorised user which has project access but is not logged in opens the app installation link, he will be redirected to the login-page. After the successfull login he will be able to install the app with his mobile-phone.
3) If an app is set as private and an authorised user which is already logged-in opens the app installation link he will be redirected to the installation page of the app.
If an app is set as private, it cannot be distributed via the distribution. Apps that have already been distributed and uploaded and the corresponding installation links show an error message after being called up by a user.